Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Now in its Sixth Edition, Clinical Epidemiology: The Essentials is a comprehensive, concise, and clinically oriented introduction to the subject of epidemiology. Written by expert educators, this approachable, informative text introduces students to the principles of evidence-based medicine that will help them develop and apply methods of clinical observation in order to form accurate conclusions.
The updated sixth edition reflects the most current approaches to clinical epidemiology, including the latest coverage of modeling and expanded insight on applying concepts to clinical practice, with updated, clinical vignette-stylesss end-of-chapter questions to help strengthen students’ understanding and ensure a confident transition to clinical settings.
- Updated content throughout reflects the latest practices in clinical epidemiology.
- Increased emphasis on clinical judgment helps students confidently evaluate the effectiveness of guidelines and integrate them into practice.
- Updated vignette-stylesss end-of-chapter questions place concepts in a clinical context and reinforce students’ understanding.
- Key Word Lists at the start of each chapter familiarize students with critical terminology for clinical competence.
- Example boxes clarify the clinical implications of important concepts with relevant real-world patient care scenarios.
- Appendix of Additional Readings highlights trusted resources for further review.
Lippincott® Connect features:
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.