Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets, 1e 1 Har/Psc Edition
Joerg Mayer, Thomas M. Donnelly
Providing accurate, at-a-glance information on managing the diseases of birds and exotic pets, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets is the only comprehensive resource on the market covering birds, reptiles, small mammals, and other non-traditional pets. Concise summaries of hundreds of common medical problems help you consider differential diagnoses, recommend diagnostic tests, interpret results mindful of unique species differences, utilize important concepts of species-specific husbandry and nutrition, prescribe treatments, and provide follow-up care. With contributions from recognized avian and exotics experts and edited by Jörg Mayer and Thomas M. Donnelly, this clinical reference provides all the information you need in one book!
- Six-books-in-one format includes six separate sections: Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and Zoonoses.
- In-depth, cutting-edge coverage includes all exotic species ― birds, reptiles, pocket pets, amphibians, and fish ― in one comprehensive resource.
- Concise summaries feature a definition of each problem, epidemiology, physical findings and clinical presentation, etiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic workup (such as laboratory tests and imaging studies), treatment, prognosis and patient follow-up, zoonotic potential, and references.
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance to clinical assessment and treatment planning.
- A companion website includes the complete text from the book, making the entire contents fully searchable, along with 250 full-color illustrations, client handouts, and the ability to print out any pages.